Friday, January 18, 2008

Kelly Tilghman Makes the Good Ol' Boys Proud





Ok.. So maybe we're a little too late on this story, especially considering that the young lady in question is something of a native of North Myrtle Beach.


And of course people are in an uproar... Which isn't to say that they shouldn't be.... Lynch, with regards to a man or woman with anything resembling a drop of black in their heritage should give even the biggest moron pause... And by biggest moron I mean Martin Short.


Although, in full disclosure, outside of that god awful Nike commercial about 10 years ago, ,Tiger Woods has not been the flag bearer for black rights... Hell he even refers to himself as Cablinasian. Which apparently is a mixture between Thai, Caucasian, African American, and John Madden.


But judge for yourself...



I tend to not be surprised by anything any more... Especially after witnessing a long ballyhooed renovation project at the Inlet Square Mall go belly up (Which has been a terrible idea since its conception... Who goes to malls anymore? Even worse... Who goes to 1970's looking dumps that seem to only be a haven for homeless and Montgomery Ward..... and Myrtle Beach hotels locking out elderly Conway residents who want to have a relatively inexpensive weekend getaway. Yes it is true... The Breakers Hotel hates old people.

But Lynch?... I cannot even remember the last time I have ever even said the word... It probably had something to do with Mississippi Burning, but just like flocculating... It isn't a word that comes up frequently... sort of like 'snot'.

And why would a lynching occur in a back alley? This is my biggest problem with Ms. Tilghman... Being a native North Myrtle Beacher... She knows full well that a Live Oak is the only suitable location for a proper lynching.

And then there's this.....

Considering the ire and panty waisted handwringing surrounding this Kelly Tilghman story... I would have loved to be in the room of fatcats smoking Cohibas discussing the ideas for a symbol of race relations.

And I would truly like to spend a dinner with the moron who felt that a swinging noose was the appropriate choice for this symbol. As Tony Kornheiser said.... And I roughly quote... At least they didn't have a head in the middle of it.

And apparently I will have a chance to sit down for a cocktail and clam casino with this winner.... As Golfweek sent the idiot packing today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home